Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AYCC: Fri 12th and Wed 17th

Go down

AYCC: Fri 12th and Wed 17th Empty AYCC: Fri 12th and Wed 17th

Post  The Met Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:06 am

So, we've got two actions planned for this week:

Firstly: This Friday (12/12/08) we're going to do an action outside the State Library. It will be a flash freeze - we have a banner saying "Your Targets = Our Future" and we want people to write similar messages on their skin or on notebooks etc that they are holding (there is a list of ideas for messages at the end. This flash freeze event is happening in capital cities in Australia but also in Poland and other cities around the world - so we're going to try and get some media along. I can't personally be there on Friday, so I need someone to volunteer to be a point of contact, organise the banner (it is currently at my house near the Vic Markets) and to hand out the media releases to any media that come along. We will need a minimum of fifteen people so please let me know ASAP if you are interested and/or would like to be the contact person.
Meeting place will be on the front steps of the State Library at 8:30am, the freeze itself will probably start around 8:45 and last 5-10 minutes (we want it to be peak traveling time). My phone number is 0425138806 or you can email. Please ask as many friends as you can along, the more people the better.

Secondly: The Government's Carbon Pollution Reduction Paper briefing is on in Melbourne on Wednesday the 17 December, 8-10am and 10:30-12:30pm at Rydges Hotel, 186 Exhibition St. We want as many people to turn up to this as possible. Steph Smith is goign to be attending both and will be the point of contact for both. Her phone number is 0422 660 111, message her if you can make it/want more info.

Thanks heaps team,

Kirsty Albion
AYD Australia Volunteer Co-coordinator

Possible messages:
"The climate clock is ticking" (If written on a wrist near a watch, in a
'looking at my watch' pose)

"FREEZE carbon emissions"

"STOP fossil fuels. STOP deforestation."

"STOP and think"

"STOP talking START acting"
"FREEZE carbon emissions"
"STILL youth are worried about their future"