Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Clean Coal

3 posters

Go down

Clean Coal Empty Clean Coal

Post  The Toad Wed Sep 24, 2008 5:03 am

Clean Coal? any benefits?
The Toad
The Toad

Back to top Go down

Clean Coal Empty Re: Clean Coal

Post  Hannah Wed Sep 24, 2008 5:06 am

None that i can see
i suppose it shows that people in our society do realize that something has to change but then again clean coal is useless
Hannah
Hannah

http://www.myspace.com/lol_lots

Back to top Go down

Post  The Toad Wed Sep 24, 2008 5:58 am

Benefits:
-These arguments are based on the technology actually working. I hate calling it "Clean Coal" as it really is an oxymoron.
1. Australia could become a world leader in this new technology which could boost the economy, jobs and international reputation.
2. Australia will further ride the miming boom and make more money as we are the biggest Coal exporter in the world.
3. The fast growing coal dependent economies of India and China might not be able to switch fast enough to prevent "dangerous" climate change or might not be willing. This technology might be able to help cut their green house gasses, and give them time to switch to green power.

Negatives:
1. The technology might not actually work and we are just wasting a lot of money.
2. Even if the technology works along with other improvements, is only predicted to capture and reduce up to 90% of the carbon dioxide.
3. It is still not renewable.
4. It might still use water.
2. If it works coal companies and the "Green House Mafia" will continue making profits of us.
3. We are hanging onto a negative job sector and infrastructure, prolonging the enviable.
4. The "Clean Coal" technology is a distraction, money and energy wise towards moving to reach actual green power and carbon neutral. For example $500 mil goes towards the research of “Clean Coal” and only $326 mill towards the renewable sector.
5. Clean Coal will keep the consumer further disempowered as they would still depend on large companies to produce power rather then themselves, who would be empowered by green power such as solar panels witch the individuals can use.

I believe that if Clean Coal should be developed it should be developed for India and China but no Australia. Australia should use only renewable. Also way more money, huge quantities should be invested into renewables.
The Toad
The Toad

Back to top Go down

Post  planeteer_rach Wed Sep 24, 2008 6:24 am

I'm with you Andrej, to an extent.

I don't think clean coal is acceptable even in China and India. Renewable technology is far further ahead, and also, it will benefit their economies more. Coz they won't have to import coal.

As for Australia, apparently we've been at the head of solar research for about a decade, but we sell our panels to saudi arabia in exchange for oil. dumb, dumb Aussies...

No clean coal!
planeteer_rach
planeteer_rach
Admin

http://www.myspace.com/eats_ass

Back to top Go down

Post  The Toad Sat Oct 04, 2008 3:30 am

Oh man, have u heard the funniest thing about clean coal? Well the green house mafia and the Australian government wanted to have the system up and running in a couple of years well........ Germany beat them to it. They already have a small fully operational system up and capturing. The Schwarze Pumpe started storing 9 tonnes of carbon Dioxide daily 3 weeks ago.
I find that extremely funny, as the Australian government was putting all their hope and money on clean coal and how they hoped Australia would lead the world and now they were beaten to it by years. lol!

Well now that the technology is more advanced elsewhere we should really start investing into clean energy, but we all know what’s going to happen... sadly...

From the saturday age
The Toad
The Toad

Back to top Go down

Post  planeteer_rach Sat Oct 04, 2008 11:23 pm

Is Germany using geosequestration then? an actual pump rather than plant stones?

Do you have a link to any other info on it? ta!
planeteer_rach
planeteer_rach
Admin

http://www.myspace.com/eats_ass

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down