Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Coal Power Plant!!

5 posters

Go down

New Coal Power Plant!! Empty New Coal Power Plant!!

Post  planeteer_rach Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:30 am

OK, have no idea what happened to that thread, apparently the server crashed and when they rebooted we lost files. Guess it serves me right for not having back up.

So...

Stupid, stupid new coal power plant. Makes me incredibly angry that the government can be so stupid. Although, on the upside, they did get the luxury car tax through the senate...does anyone no if they had to make amendments??
planeteer_rach
planeteer_rach
Admin

http://www.myspace.com/eats_ass

Back to top Go down

New Coal Power Plant!! Empty Re: New Coal Power Plant!!

Post  Hannah Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:46 am

I don't know about the car tax, but I think we should do something about the coal plant.

The whole thing's ridiculous!
Hannah
Hannah

http://www.myspace.com/lol_lots

Back to top Go down

Post  The Met Wed Sep 24, 2008 4:24 am

="HANNAH"]I don't know about the car tax, but I think we should do something about the coal plant.

See here for more info: https://visen.forumotion.net/discussion-of-issues-f2/luxury-car-tax-t19.htm#77
The Met
The Met

Back to top Go down

New Coal Power Plant!! Empty Re: New Coal Power Plant

Post  Aleisha Mon Sep 29, 2008 11:00 pm

There should not be another coal power plant. The government and industries should begin to invest more in green energy to ensure Australia will always be able to meet its energy demands. What use will this new coal power plant be when we run out of fossil fuels? In Australia we have quite a bit of unused land that could be used for something like a solar power station. Maybe someone should look at establishing one in the desert (if it is environmentally friendly option).

Aleisha

Aleisha

Back to top Go down

Post  The Toad Tue Sep 30, 2008 6:51 am

Well solar power will most likly always be build close to the consumer just because its possible and u make up for the energy not made be having a perfect site by the energy saved by having smaller distances it has to travel where less energy can be lost. All sites in australia are perfect for solar the worst spots are part of tasmania and that is only as bad as Germany which is really into solar.
The new coal power plant is very bad more green house gasses, more water being used and jobs being made in an dying industry, which will just be another excuse to keep them runnning as the jobs have to be protected.
One thing i dont understand about the coal power plant is that they are building it not even with the "clean coal" technology but only with a 30% improvment and why they arent upgrading the old ones. This may all have to do with the fact that Clean Coal doesnt actualy work.
One thing tht isnt suspicous at all is that he coal power plant fits in nicely with the new desal plant

The thing about the unused land is that it may have been something be fore it got cleard and unused may be a forest or a lake and also where ever u build there will always been and impact even though considerbaly less than a coal plant.
The Toad
The Toad

Back to top Go down

Post  Aleisha Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:28 am

where will this plant be? Which ecosystem is being destroyed this time? The only good thing I can see from this is not a positive at all and that is new jobs. They will just end up like the loyal employees of Ford and other car manufactures who are losing their jobs. Why create new jobs in the dying industry? Instead these people should be using their skills in the production of green energy as this is the way of the future.

Aleisha

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down