Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

October 11th - Renewable energy Rally

3 posters

Go down

October 11th - Renewable energy Rally Empty October 11th - Renewable energy Rally

Post  The Toad Wed Oct 07, 2009 5:13 am

We do have our next meeting up on the day there is a rally on.
I got this mailed by SLIC, who in turn got it from GET UP

Dear SLICers,
the messsage below comes from the GetUp team

Something exciting is starting in Melbourne, and I'd like you to be part of it.

'ReEnergise Australia' is a grassroots climate change campaign to make our politicians invest more in renewable energy and create hundreds of thousands of new jobs in the process. And with news that 100 Victorian workers have already lost their jobs at the Abbotsford Solar Systems, after Australia's only large scale solar company, went into administration, it couldn't come at a more important time.

I'll be launching the campaign in Melbourne at the Save Solar Systems rally on Sunday 11th October at 2pm and I'd love to tell you all about how we can create this change together. Just click here to find out how you can get involved with the campaign:

http://www.getup.org.au/campaign/ReEnergiseMelbourne
The Toad
The Toad

Back to top Go down

October 11th - Renewable energy Rally Empty Re: October 11th - Renewable energy Rally

Post  planeteer_rach Wed Oct 07, 2009 7:00 pm

Hey!
Definitely sounds interesting! I'm happy for us to do this instead of the meeting...we can always chat while we march Smile
What do the rest of you think?
planeteer_rach
planeteer_rach
Admin

http://www.myspace.com/eats_ass

Back to top Go down

October 11th - Renewable energy Rally Empty Re: October 11th - Renewable energy Rally

Post  The Toad Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:24 pm

Join the protest at Solar Systems' Abbotsford factory, to demand the government put up the investment to save green jobs and the plant.

When: 2.00 pm, Sunday 11 October
Where: 45 Grosvenor St, Abbotsford (off Victoria St, take 109 tram from city)
its top right of the CBD

I reckon we should go there and if it finishes earlier we can always jump back into the state library.
Question meet there or the state and then go together? Alos I might not be able to make it. I have to move something around.
The Toad
The Toad

Back to top Go down

Post  Steven Sat Oct 10, 2009 6:59 am

Hey
What about we meet at 1:30 at the State Library & go to the rally from there?

Steven
Steven
Steven

http://sites.google.com/site/catfishstevensltd

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down