Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

VISEN petition letter of support template

3 posters

Go down

VISEN petition letter of support template Empty VISEN petition letter of support template

Post  milo Mon Oct 13, 2008 3:20 am

-Alright, here's the draft letter of support, editions are welcome!

Dear Member of Parliament,

I, ________________________________________ support this petition of concerned high school students, compiled by the Victorian Inter-School Environment Network. I wish to draw the attention of the house to the current federal policy on climate change. We believe federal policy is not appropriate, given the seriousness of the threat of climate change.

I therefore ask the House to take significant action on climate change, including:
-A 50% cut of 1990 level greenhouse gas emissions by 2020.
-An increase in funding for renewable energy research, infrastructure and businesses.
-An end to the logging of old growth forests and to coal exports.

I believe serious action on climate change must be taken by our parliamentarians, before our future is thrown away.

Yours sincerely

Back to top Go down

VISEN petition letter of support template Empty Template letter

Post  Jo Jo! Tue Oct 14, 2008 5:35 am

Looks good milo!

I changed "We believe federal policy is not appropriate..." to "I believe federal policy is not appropriate..."
and I worked up the ending a little bit...
Its a bit... dire sounding, but as before - editions welcome

Dear Member of Parliament,

I, ________________________________________ support this petition of concerned high school students, compiled by the Victorian Inter-School Environment Network. I wish to draw the attention of the house to the current federal policy on climate change. I believe federal policy is not appropriate, given the seriousness of the threat of climate change.

I therefore ask the House to commit to significant action on climate change, including:
-A 50% cut of 1990 level greenhouse gas emissions by 2020.
-An increase in funding for renewable energy research, infrastructure and businesses.
-An end to the logging of old growth forests and to coal exports.

I must urge our parliamentarians to step up to the responsibility they were elected for, and take the initiative on climate change action. We cannot allow the future of our nation, and indeed our world to be compromised any longer.

Yours sincerely

Back to top Go down

VISEN petition letter of support template Empty Re: VISEN petition letter of support template

Post  milo Wed Oct 15, 2008 5:05 am

ooh very nice

i like the new ending
milo
milo

Back to top Go down

VISEN petition letter of support template Empty Re: VISEN petition letter of support template

Post  Jo Jo! Wed Oct 15, 2008 7:11 am

cheers Smile
Jo Jo!
Jo Jo!

Back to top Go down

Post  planeteer_rach Thu Oct 16, 2008 6:30 pm

This is great guys!
Did we decide that hand written letters are better? Coz I'm going to wite one while procrastinating for exams....
planeteer_rach
planeteer_rach
Admin

http://www.myspace.com/eats_ass

Back to top Go down

Post  Jo Jo! Sat Oct 25, 2008 6:13 am

is this letter decided then, or should we go through it at the meeting tomorrow?
Jo Jo!
Jo Jo!

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down