Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GREEN ENERGY!!!

+4
Aleisha
kayla
planeteer_rach
Hannah
8 posters

Go down

GREEN ENERGY!!! Empty GREEN ENERGY!!!

Post  Hannah Wed Sep 17, 2008 6:18 am

Hey everyone!
I'm just letting you guys know that my school recently got 50% green energy
it's not perfect but i'm pretty pumped about it!
YAY!
I'm trying to get people at school to buy low energy light globes, does anyone know where you can order them in bulk of something...
Thanx!
Hannah
Hannah

http://www.myspace.com/lol_lots

Back to top Go down

GREEN ENERGY!!! Empty Re: GREEN ENERGY!!!

Post  planeteer_rach Sat Sep 20, 2008 6:36 am

That's pretty cool about the green energy!!!

Did you guys use anything written? coz we want to try and put some 'guides' up on the net...
planeteer_rach
planeteer_rach
Admin

http://www.myspace.com/eats_ass

Back to top Go down

Post  kayla Mon Sep 29, 2008 4:42 am

um hannah
we did this fundraising thing at school with energy efficant light bulbs so ill get the details and maybe they can do you a deal.

x
kayla
kayla

http://www.myspace.com/sweet_little_frangipani

Back to top Go down

Post  Aleisha Tue Sep 30, 2008 12:42 am

Our school organized it with the support of AWM in Gordon Ave Geelong. There was a wattage converter (incandescent to energy saver) on the back of the order form. People got to chose between WW(warm white lamp ideal for lounges, dining areas, bedrooms and lamps) and CDL (cool daylight lamp ideal for halls, outdoor, bathrooms and kitchens). The light globes came in two fittings BC bayonet fitting and ES screw in fitting. The sale price at Clonard College was $4.20 per light bulb but I don’t know what the cost prize was and therefore how much profit the school made. Not many people bought them because the order was supposed to come back after a holiday break and many families lost either forms or forgot about the drive in this time. You may need to consider having constant reminders to avoid this. I wish your drive the best of luck.

It is a good idea to convert to energy saving globes as the government is phasing out incandescent globes. This will reduce Australia’s greenhouse emissions by 4 million tonnes by 2012, which is the equivalent to taking 1 million cars off the road.

Aleisha

Back to top Go down

Post  Aleisha Tue Sep 30, 2008 12:44 am

forgot to say i go to school with kayla
Aleisha

Aleisha

Back to top Go down

Post  The Toad Tue Sep 30, 2008 7:05 am

Interesting thing with the light bulbs is that they use more energy to be made and contain not so good gasses and metals such as mercury. So if u have the light bulb for only a short while and break it may have been worse than a normal one.
This is one of those interesting dilemmas we face with greenness, things aren’t always what they seem to be and everything is so dam complicated.

Here is and interesting example u want to cool ur car. U can open ur windows but at what speed will the drag be so great that closing ur windows and turning on the air cone will be more energy efficient??? i know, just don’t use the car at all.

Ps: Sorry i get carried away on these forums so much i sound like this know it all, idiot with no life geek.
The Toad
The Toad

Back to top Go down

Post  kayla Tue Sep 30, 2008 7:11 am

totally agree
this whole change what we're doing v do what we do know is so confusing.
it reminds me of science.
and i sucked at science...
lol
kayla
kayla

http://www.myspace.com/sweet_little_frangipani

Back to top Go down

Post  Aleisha Tue Sep 30, 2008 7:25 am

Does anyone else feel like sometimes the “solutions” can create more serious issues then they solve. At times like this I wish I had a crystal ball that could help us see what the consequences of our actions would be before we take them. Though then again where is the adventure in that?

Aleisha

Aleisha

Back to top Go down

Post  Maja Sat Oct 04, 2008 2:04 am

About light bulbs...
The best thing would be for everyone just to stop using them.
I know it sounds stupid and will never happen, but you can use sunlight during the day, and you should sleep during the night.
The way the world is meant to be. (or maybe I'm crazy)
Maja
Maja

Back to top Go down

Post  The Toad Sat Oct 04, 2008 2:08 am

yep crazzzzzyyyyyyy, but u have a good point.
The Toad
The Toad

Back to top Go down

Post  Aleisha Wed Oct 15, 2008 6:36 am

If it means I get more time to sleep then I am in. Maybe we should all try it for a week sometime just for the fun of it like a human experiment or something. I think it would be exciting if we got rid of almost everything that runs on electricity for a week. A lot could be done with it. You could even turn it into some kind of protest. Anyway I am once again going off on a tangent and driving you up the wall. Take care

Aleisha

Aleisha

Back to top Go down

GREEN ENERGY!!! Empty Green Energy

Post  Ellen Sat Nov 01, 2008 8:25 pm

Hey Hannah,
That is sooo cool about the green energy at school! Was this a result of your campaign/actions or did they do it by themselves? I would love to hear more about it!
Ellen.

Ellen

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoebe Thu Dec 04, 2008 6:16 pm

Our green club at Fitzroy High is running really well. We're organizing a printer free day-where no one will use paper for a whole day, we now have new recycling bins that are now actually functioning properly, and we’ve made quite a lot of money for the group from a mango fundraiser!
Phoebe
Phoebe

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down