Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

IMPORTANT Targets Tag Team action outside of every public meeting after the reales of the carbon reduction target.

3 posters

Go down

IMPORTANT Targets Tag Team action outside of every public meeting after the reales of the carbon reduction target. Empty IMPORTANT Targets Tag Team action outside of every public meeting after the reales of the carbon reduction target.

Post  The Toad Tue Dec 09, 2008 5:40 am

hi guys i got this e-mail from Ellen

how about it???? i m so there 5 - 15 % rediculous

-----Inline Attachment Follows-----

Hi all young climateteers,

There are going to be a lot of actions happening next week all around the country that we'd love for as many people as possible to get involved in.

The Federal Government's white paper on the carbon pollution reduction scheme will be released on Monday the 15th of December. Public meetings will then be conducted in every capital city from the 16th-18th - a program of dates follows.

The most likely carbon pollution reduction range set by the government will be between 5%-15%. This target it incredibly low and not strong enough to protect the future of the youth of Australia. The Australian Youth Climate Coalition is pushing for a target of 40% to ensure our future.

To make sure our message is heard loud and clear, we want as many people as possible to get involved helping us with a Targets Tag Team action outside of every public meeting. We have reliable information that it could become a national media event if we have enough people involved, so it is very important that we have as many people as possible on board.

Please let Jessica Willis from AYCC know asap if you can attend any of the events outlined below. jess.willis@youthclimatecoalition.org

Location Date Time (Session 1) Time (Session 2) Venue
Canberra Tues 16 December 2008 9.00 am - 11.00 am National Convention Centre,
31 Constitution Ave,
Canberra
Sydney Wed 17 December 2008 8.00 am - 10.00 am 10:30 am - 12:30 pm The Menzies Hotel,
14 Carrington Street,
Sydney
Melbourne Wed 17 December 2008 8.00 am - 10.00 am 10:30 am - 12:30 pm Rydges Melbourne Hotel,
186 Exhibition St,
Melbourne
Brisbane Thurs 18 December 2008 9.00 am - 11.00 am Brisbane Convention and Exhibition Centre,
Cnr Merivale and Glenelg Streets,
South Bank
Perth Thurs 18 December 2008 9:00 am - 11:00 am Novotel Perth Langley,
221 Adelaide Terrace,
Perth
Hobart Thurs 18 December 2008 9:00 am - 11:00 am Hobart Function and Conference Centre,
1 Elizabeth Street Pier,
Hobart
Adelaide Thurs 18 December 2008 9:00 am - 11:00 am Stamford Plaza Adelaide,
150 North Terrace,
Adelaide
Darwin Thurs 18 December 2008 9:00 am - 11:00 am Mantra Pandanas
43 Knuckey Street,
Darwin
The Toad
The Toad

Back to top Go down

IMPORTANT Targets Tag Team action outside of every public meeting after the reales of the carbon reduction target. Empty Re: IMPORTANT Targets Tag Team action outside of every public meeting after the reales of the carbon reduction target.

Post  Maja Wed Dec 10, 2008 5:46 am

anything less than 40% is absolutely ridiculous.
i am so going. can anyone tell me how to get there though?
Maja
Maja

Back to top Go down

IMPORTANT Targets Tag Team action outside of every public meeting after the reales of the carbon reduction target. Empty Re: IMPORTANT Targets Tag Team action outside of every public meeting after the reales of the carbon reduction target.

Post  planeteer_rach Mon Dec 15, 2008 9:36 pm

I'm going...no clue how to get there tho.

I figured I'd get to Exhibition st and then just walk...better ideas?
planeteer_rach
planeteer_rach
Admin

http://www.myspace.com/eats_ass

Back to top Go down

Post  Maja Tue Dec 16, 2008 5:23 am

i'm going to the one at 8.00 am, anyone want to meet me beforehand?
anything we need to bring/wear?
Maja
Maja

Back to top Go down

Post  planeteer_rach Wed Dec 17, 2008 2:11 am

Hey!
did you go?
I went to the one at 10... was very small, but was worth while I guess. How many came to the early session? There was a woman with a camera, doing footage for youtube of all things!

We spoke to a lot of people, and all the ones that would answer our questions (except one) said that they thought the government should do more. Pretty good!
planeteer_rach
planeteer_rach
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Maja Fri Dec 19, 2008 2:49 am

i turned up, but there was noone outside so i waited a bit the left...
i wasn't sure if i was supposed to go into the building or what?
but it was good?
Maja
Maja

Back to top Go down

Post  planeteer_rach Sat Dec 20, 2008 6:50 pm

Chris went in, but the rest of us stayed outside.

I thought it was good...the general opinion of people inside was that the gov isn't doing enough, so I guess that's a plus!
planeteer_rach
planeteer_rach
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down