Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Future Shots Sustainability Film Challenge

3 posters

Go down

Future Shots Sustainability Film Challenge Empty Future Shots Sustainability Film Challenge

Post  Jane Wed Sep 16, 2009 11:15 pm

Hi All

I just reading about VISEN and all the projects you have been running ( I'm liking the picnic in the car park idea! - good luck with that) anyway I wanted to let you know about the Future Shots Sustainability Film Challenge which is on until November 6 2009

I'm not sure if you have already heard about it?

Basically we are asking people to make a short film about sustainability in under 3 minutes. There is $8000 in prizes for the 10 best films about sustainability made for Future Shots.

if you haven't seen it the promo about the challenge is on youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ns1PqeIUrU

and there is a facebook group and we are on twitter too - if you are interested I'm hoping you might join us there and help to post the promo around facebook pages??

oh and the official website with all the details is at www.futureshots.com.au

if you have any questions you can contact me on jsaunders@futureshots.com.au

basically the story is ::

Budding filmmakers, environmentalists and students: grab a camera, grab your friends and get creative! Use whatever technology you have from mobile phones, webcams, home video or professional cameras to make your films. All types of films (drama, documentary, animation, music video, advertisement) are accepted as long as the theme of sustainability is addressed.

Deadline for entering is 6 November 2009. (and there is also an early entry prize for entries received before 21 September)

Entries are invited from individuals, teams and schools.

On the Awards night which is being held at ACMI 1 week before the copenhagen climate talks the top 20 films will be screened.

Major prizes, valued at over $8000, will be awarded to the best short films in 10 award categories chosen by a judging panel of film and environmental industry VIPs.

Some of the Awards include

Sustainability Victoria Award for Best Film: Prize $2000 CASH plus video making equipment

Melbourne Water - Water Smart City Award: Prize $1000 CASH plus video making equipment

Best Sustainable Practices Award

People's Choice Award

Best Film by filmmaker or team 12 years and under

Best Film by a filmmaker or team 13-17 years

Best Film by a filmmaker or team 18-21 years

Renewing Communities: Sustainable Change Award
Jane
Jane

Back to top Go down

Future Shots Sustainability Film Challenge Empty Re: Future Shots Sustainability Film Challenge

Post  The Toad Tue Sep 22, 2009 2:18 am

very nice what do poeple think?
i might do with it with school as well.
The Toad
The Toad

Back to top Go down

Future Shots Sustainability Film Challenge Empty Re: Future Shots Sustainability Film Challenge

Post  The Toad Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:01 am

i have past this onto my contacts which well actualy creates more competition for us....mmm
The Toad
The Toad

Back to top Go down

Post  planeteer_rach Thu Oct 01, 2009 4:11 am

Well, I am not a film person. Although my housemate is. Hmmm.

I've sent it around to people too.

Do we want to try and have VISEN entry? Any volunteers?
planeteer_rach
planeteer_rach
Admin

http://www.myspace.com/eats_ass

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down